Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Helium

I write for Helium in their Market Place. The thing I like best about Helium is that there are several different ways to earn on their site. They have the regular write an article and get a share of the revenue based on page views. I never write for that section.

Helium also has Market Place, in the Market Place magazines post topics that they need and how much money they will pay for it. So when you find a topic you want to write about, you write about it. So do several other people, then your stories are voted on, I haven't quite figured out the reason to vote on these, but once the deadline for the article has arrived, the publisher who needed the topic goes through the submitted articles and chooses the one they wish to purchase. If your article is chosen then you get paid. If your article is not chosen then it goes into the Helium site for page view revenue.

Helium also has contests. They post topics and people write on those topics and then everybody votes on the submitted articles and you can win cash prizes. I believe first prize is $60. That's not bad at all.

They also have Journalism Awards. I've not written for any of these yet, so I'm not clear on how that works.

So, with the different types of writing and pay structures with Helium, it is probably my favorite place to write. Check it out. I'm sure there will be something that will catch your attention and beg for you to write it.

No comments: